The Boxomo 5.3 with MMU Filament Pass-Through (Fits Prusa i3 MK3S)
This enclosure has cut-outs in the back for an MMU unit pass through. There is an option to have cut-outs for only a ventilation duct or for a ventilation duct and two temperature-regulator fans.
**IMPORTANT: This does NOT come with an MMU unit or ventilation/temperature regulation parts, duct, fans, or controls. This enclosure merely has cut outs for these items. If you wish to purchase ventilation or temperature regulation parts, please see our Ventilation Kit or our Temperature Regulation and Ventilation Kit.
- Fire-resistant poly-carbonate on the sides and top (floor is acrylic)
- Aluminum frame
- Rubber grip door handle
- 5 MMU Pass-through holes in the back (diameter of 0.3")
- Power cord pass through
- Door with magnetic latch
- Filament spool holder with spool retention clip and and filament guide
- Cut-out for a ventilation duct (in the back)
- Optional: Two cut-outs for fans (on the sides) and ABS/PETG 3D printed fan gates with 10 levels of adjustable air flow.
*Note, the enclosure comes unassembled. Assembly takes a few hours. There are step-by-step instructions for easy set-up. You will need a #2 Phillips screwdriver You can preview the instructions by visiting our resource page here.
- Those who are planning to use an MMU unit with their 3D printer
- Those who want an enclosure ready to have a ventilation and/or temperature regulation system.
This printer is designed to fit the Prusa i3 MK3S (with or without an MMU unit), although it can be used for any printer that fits inside. When considering the internal dimensions, please be sure to account for total travel of the build plate (not just stationary measurements).
- MMU filament pass-through diameter: 0.3"
- MMU filament pass-through spacing: 3" apart, 8.5" from bottom of enclosure
- Internal dimensions: 20"W x 23"L x 20"H
- External dimensions: 21.125"W x 24.125"L x 21.125"H
- Maximum doorway dimensions with door attached: 18.375"W x 19.375"H
- Internal Volume: 5.324 cubic feet
- Materials: Poly-carbonate (sides and top), acrylic (bottom), aluminum (frame), and 3D printed ABS/PETG plastic (hinges, power cord pass through, filament spool holder with retention clip and filament guide, and optional fan gates)
Please note that the enclosure does not significantly reduce the noise of the of the 3D printer.
Made in the USA from global materials.
Because panels and frames are easily damaged (scratched), we cannot accept most returns. Please see our Return Policy here for details before purchasing.
Have an enclosure or feature idea that you don't see available? Email us at email@example.com. We love feedback on how to improve our offerings to meet the needs of our customers.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not see your country as a shipping option on our checkout page. We can most likely add your country to our options.
Ever since I've gotten sick last year from Covid, my lungs get irritated very easily from frying food and 3D printing PLA. There's plenty of DIY enclosures out there, but I don't have the time and live hundreds of miles from the nearest IKEA. So yes it works, it was easy to piece together, looks pretty cool, and it vents the irritants away so I can use my Prusa again.
Enclosures are well made with easy to follow directions. I bought primary to reduce fume exposure from printing and this enclosure plus the addition of ducting and fans has prevented any noticeable fumes.